Search Results

  • Management Committee minutes - December 2018

    Pond Rd Meeting No: 39 1 FINANCE Payments of disbursements JM gave a brief update of the financial situation after receipt of Locality funding. He explained that HSBC automatically suspends internet banking access if there is 3 months of inactivity. JM explained the methodology for passing funds to our bank account. This caused a delay to the bank balance being updated. Various outstanding disbursements were discussed by signatories. A motion was proposed by DC, seconded by TW to settle relevant and affordable monies for some outstanding disbursements. Motion carried; payments transacted. MW advised the likely future costs up to the end of November 2019 to finance the programme to completion. 2 Working Groups Time was now tight to assist ADC to carry out screening for the SEA. Plan v.4 now needs finalising by way of all working groups fine-tuning their proposals. Stella, leader of the G&B group confirmed, prior to the meeting, that their group has completed their response to the ADC's comments from V3. The other groups still have outstanding tasks. MW advised that WSCC councillor Kevin Boram has agreed to meet the group and is open to proposals about cycling and community-led ideas to address congestion at the Saltings roundabout. ACTION Working groups to test the appropriateness of the principles by completing the table mapping the vision, to principles and policies. 3. JM (treasurer) left the meeting as agreed 4 Timetables and future meeting dates were arranged. See the section entitled: Informal Consultation Process in the latest version of the Plan. Meeting ended at 19:50 NEXT MEETING: see events calendar Present: David Collins (DC) - Chair & Regeneration Mike Whelan (MW) – Transport and Movement Tony Wallington (TW) - Vice Chair Jonathan Marshall (JM) - Treasurer Apologies: Howard Porter (HP) Stella Filmer (SF) – Green and Blue Neighbourhood Image courtesy of http://www.schultzeworks.com/philcopc/ #minutes #management #funding #ADC #WSCC

  • Management Committee minutes - Feb 2016

    17th February 2016 The Harbour Club Initial Management Committee Meeting with newly posted Shoreham Beach Management 
Committee members (only) & Mike Gibson Planning Consultant In attendance: Dawn Clenton-Sparey (Chairman), John Haffenden (Vice Chairman), 
Maria Johnson, Melissa Onslow (Treasurer), Emma Whelan, Jennie Tindall, Viki Carter (Secretary) Apologies received from: Howard Carter, Ben Stride & Maurice Pitchford. Minutes to approve Previous Management Committee Meeting 13th January 2016 – unanimously 
approved. AGM 6th February – unanimously approved. Future of AOAC - options and possibilities John H stated there was no further update from the conversation he had with 
John Mitchell at Adur District Council 6 weeks ago. Dawn CS, John H and Mike G had an initial meeting with Mike King from Releasing Potential. We are awaiting further updates. Other parties believed to be interested are a company that runs leisure centres in the South Downs & Worthing; the company that runs Adur pool in Southwick and a local School/Academy. There is currently no date for tender submission in place. There was a question on the Have You Say Day forms regarding people’s views on the 
future of the centre which will inform the SBNF’s position. Liaising with Beach Green Developer/LPA Mike Gibson agreed with John Williams (Developer - Beach Green Development) he’d send the SBNF Q&A notes on the public consultation to John Williams & James Appleton 
(Adur District Council) to agree - then upload on SNBF website. ACTION: Mike G/Dawn CS - send notes/agree sign-off with James Appleton/
John Williams - then upload to SBNF website Jennie T asked what the consensus of the consultation was. Mike G responded that there was no consensus - some resistant to development, particularly outside red line/some thought it was positive. There was some discussion around the handling of the preferred developer process. 
Mike G recommended we contact James Appleton (Adur District Council) and
request he set out the procurement process as this was an issue that was raised 
at the public consultation on the HYSD. ACTION: Dawn CS to write to James Appleton Emma W asked what our role has the SBNF is in this? 
Mike G responded that in this situation it is clarification – to put out a statement about the process following a response from ADC. Dawn CS added it was to clarify & simplify. The Forum has been involved with the public consultation from the point at which the preferred developer was confirmed to SBNF (Tuesday 2nd February). 

The first two steps by the forum will be a statement on the website about 
procurement process and the notes of the Q&A signed by the 3 parties noted above. 

 Mike noted that normally the developer gets the land on condition of planning permission and its only when the planning application is submitted that anyone - outside the council or developer - will have knowledge of it. 
 At this stage the developer is not committed to a planning application, they 
have a time-frame to engage and decide if they wish to invest. There will then be a 
pre-application design process. At this stage there is usually consultation - although 
not necessarily with local residents. Mike G stated that it was important to know 
what has happened to date; what the next steps are and the timescale. What work 
is the developer going to do to move on? What are SBNF going to do? Dawn CS reported that within the Q&A notes on Beach Green on 6th February there was 
a question about the ‘council & community engagement.’ Mike responded there are 3 
parallel streams of activity (1) Local town plan; (2) Neighbourhood plan; (3) Activity on particular sites. The developer has written to Mike G who requested ‘any correspondence must go through the SBNF Chairman.’ There was discussion around a balance between ensuring any development plans don’t go against the locals wishes and a concern over nothing happening at all due to local resistance. Funding for 2016 - Update 
 Dawn updated the funding situation. SBNF recently received a Neighbourhood Planning Grant to be spent by 31st March 2016 - £3935. The next application will be for £2,065 to be used by March 2017. John noted thanks to Mike Whelan for the website and other work he has done for the Neighbourhood Forum. This was seconded by Mike Gibson and others on the committee. Mike Gibson clarified his fee arrangements for new committee members. AGM/Have Your Say Day - 6th February 2016 Dawn reported that the day went well with a good attendance both for the AGM and the HYSD. Mike Gibson re-iterated this and felt that good progress had been made. Emma filmed some of the HYSD and suggested putting some bite-size sections of Mike G summarising what a Neighbourhood Plan is on the website. This was agreed. ACTION: Emma to edit & upload for website Emma stated there were 12 forms regarding the Community Facilities, green spaces and landscaping (including Beach Green) completed on the day and a further 10 completed online after. John stated that when forms are being entered onto the website there must be no editing – it must be clear what people are saying. There was some discussion around the process for gathering all the information so it can be analysed. There are a number of maps from the HYSD workshops with post it notes with comments/suggestions on (from both October 2015 & February 2016 HYSD). 
It was agreed that Maria J, Melissa O, Dawn CS would take these and type the comments/suggestions out verbatim, once this has been done they should go to Mike G for analysis. ACTION: Dawn & Maria, Melissa to type comments/suggestions. Mike to analyse Working Groups Arrangements to develop draft Neighbourhood Development Plan policies for April Have Your Say Day Mike G clarified the process for the next Have Your Say Day is to develop policies for the draft neighbourhood plan. It would therefore differ from the previous Have Your Say Days which have involved gathering ideas. 

The next one should be a policy discussion day. Before then Mike G will polish up the workshop questionnaires and place them on the website to promote them. ACTION: Mike Gibson/Mike Whelan – finalise questionnaires There was some discussion around the April Have Your Say Day date and location. It was agreed if possible that it should be held at The Church of the Good 
Shepherd in order to engage with the residents of West Beach. The Quays bar at Emerald Quays was also put forward as it has been more difficult to engage with those living in flats however it was rejected on the basis of a limited size and lack of parking. It will be considered for smaller workshops that will take place at 
later dates. The following dates for HYSD were proposed - 12th / 13th / 19th / 20th / 21st April. John will check dates with Church of Good Shepherd. It was suggested week commencing 18th April would be preferable to give more preparation time after 
6th April SBNF Management Committee meeting. ACTION: John to liaise with the Church of Good Shepherd Mike stated that he would put ideas together for draft policies based on the 
information from each working group. The evidence for this needs organising. The Household survey to be finalised onto website so people can comment on it and the data can be analysed. Mike Gibson to discuss with Mike Whelan to clarify if all the information has been entered. Mike G will resolve the content then 
Mike W will place on the website after which it can be analysed – further 
discussion around how best to do this is needed. ACTION: Emma/Dawn/Mike G, Mike W – to discuss on 25th February, 1pm: An updated Communications and Community Engagement Strategy, including 
the web-site and relationships with key stakeholders - including SBRA, the 
Houseboats, Shoreham Beach Primary School, Environment AgencyThere was some discussion around stakeholders. It was felt that although 
there had been consultation with stakeholders other than SBRA it had not 
been evidenced. At the Have Your Say Day in October attendees were asked 
to respond regarding their status as Stakeholders eg. Port Authority. Dawn had 
attended a Shoreham Management Meeting (last year) where she met Friends of Shoreham Beach (FOSB); a kite surfing group and others. Suggestions included the wish for a community hall here. Mike stated that once the stakeholders have been identified SBNF can send them bulletins to cascade to their members as already happens with SBRA. John mentioned an existing ‘Shoreham Beach Facebook group’ and whether SBNF could engage more via this route. Dawn has been in contact with the Environment Agency (EA) regarding the EA plans for Shoreham which have particular impact for the houseboat residents. The EA have offered to do a workshop/event around this. John stated that if this is to happen the EA must send a technical specialist not community engagement, Mike and others concurred with this. ACTION: Dawn to liaise with EA about workshop/event Dawn has arranged a meeting with Chair of Governors & Head Teacher of the Beach Primary School, Miss Woodman on 25th February to discuss effective 
engagement with the school. ACTION: Dawn to update committee on this meeting To include a meeting for Mike Whelan to brief all about Website – not discussed at this meeting. ACTION: Bring forward to next Management Committee Agenda. Regular meetings with MG between Management Team Meetings Mike suggested dates should be fixed for Management Team and then other 
meetings in between. Dawn stated these meetings would be set up using doodle which had proved successful for this meeting. Local Planning Authority - report of meeting 27th January 2016 Dawn, John, Mike attended a meeting with Moira Hayes & Cat Hutchinson 
(Adur & Worthing Local Planing Authority) who are undertaking the Local Plan to ensure SBNF are working in tandem with them. 
Dawn has updated Moira on the HYSD on 6th February - by phone. Shoreham Beach Residents Association AGM 27th February 2pm SBNF have been invited to talk to SBRA AGM with an update. Dawn/John to attend. ACTION: John to arrange attendance time with Joss Loader (Chair, SBRA). Best working practice and SBNF Management Committee All emails to shorehambeachforum@gmail.com
. Mike clarified that the aforementioned email address must be used for everything related to SBNF. It was noted sbnfchairman@gmail.com email address is no longer to be used. Any other business SBNF has been contacted by Peter Davies (Shoreham Port Authority) regarding a block of garages (before Ferry Road car park by the entrance to the tow path). The owners have received an expression of interest and organised a group to potentially develop the land and move the garages underneath. The land is owned by the Port Authority who want to sell it and are likely to do so at a peppercorn rate. Dawn has phoned the Locality to see if SBNF can do anything - who suggested possibly ‘crowd funding.’ John reported he has researched the lease/ownership situation of the Beach Huts as some of the initial Beach Green concepts showed drawings with them moved or placed elsewhere. The agreement is a license (not lease) for people to put a beach hut on the plot, it is extinguishable by 3 months’ notice either side. If sold the owner must give 
3 x annual license fee to council or 10% of sale price. Next meeting(s): 
Wednesday 9th March, (& 23rd March)?
 Wednesday 6th April, (& 20th April)?
 Wednesday 11th May, (& 25th May)?
 Wednesday 8th June #survey #minutes #BeachGreen #management

  • Have Your Say days in Oct 2016

    We have listened and we have a plan for the next 15 years - come and tell us what you think before it goes to print. A Neighbourhood Plan created by the community for the community Recreation & residential, nature & development, heritage & innovation - let's strike the right balance together, to improve our social, economic and environmental wellbeing. Online Feedback Forms > What to expect at this public consultation event Future vision videos, posters, polls, kid's activities, talks and updates from: The Environment Agency Tidal Walls Scheme, the Council on Ferry Road and the Beach Green cafe development. Please contact us if you would like your local community group to have a presence at the event. Tell your friends via Facebook or Streetlife. Open to all who live or work on Shoreham Beach Thursday 6th October 17.00-19.30 Saturday 8th October 12.00-15.30 The Harbour Club, Harbour Way, BN43 5HG #flooddefences #housing #AOAC #boardwalk #survey #bungalows #parking #design #employment #planning #BeachGreen

  • Management Committee minutes - Jan 2015

    21 January 2015 Harbour Club Minutes from December 11, 2014 meeting - Approved Future funding & Community Development Funding/grant monitoring end report – the outstanding balance was returned to Locality, prior to Christmas, following a decision to consider expenditure carefully for the coming year. The chair, Dawn Clenton-Sparey, reported that she had received advice regarding a further bridging grant for £1,200 to cover expenditure for the remainder of the financial year. The application has been submitted – decision pending. Projected expenditure includes professional planning consultancy and a contribution towards website development/printing costs for a Household Survey. Further grant funding of £8,000 will be available for 2015/16. Update & actions forward, aims/objectives - end date/target for Neighbourhood Plan: sustainability report, surveys. The management committee intends to try to complete the Plan by November 2015. It was agreed to develop a Characterisation Study as a matter of urgency – this will help formulate the Vision for our plan. Work to start in February. Survey The next stage is to start conducting a survey before the end of March – identifying ‘hard to reach’ groups such as Young People, Houseboat residents etc. Local expertise will be used to reduce costs. A meeting has been held with Adur District Council to discuss the way forward. The results of the survey will help to drive the Plan objectives. The next ‘Have your Say’ event will be arranged at the end of May, to share the feedback from the survey and resulting objectives. Working Groups next steps & updates - The most active groups (e.g. Development) will continue to meet but the remit of the less active groups will be reviewed again once the results of the Household survey are in. Any other business All to review the Ferring Neighbourhood Plan before the next meeting. Image courtesy of http://www.schultzeworks.com/philcopc/ #minutes #management #funding #survey

  • Green Space & Community Facilities survey now online

    If you want to shape the future of our neighbourhood and have any views on issues like the Beach Green cafe or skate parks on the beach - if you want the facts and would like some control - fill in this questionnaire! So far we've heard strong views about our open spaces, social places and school spaces. This workshop refines ideas and opinions about all the key sites on Shoreham Beach. The Neighbourhood Forum (SBNF) is not making any proposals at this stage, but is enabling as many local residents and businesses as possible to input to the next stage - the development of draft policies. If you live or work on Shoreham Beach (and were UNABLE to attend our Have Your say day in February 2016) this is your opportunity to take part. Please share with any local residents or businesses that have an interest in the future of our area. Short link to survey: http://bit.ly/sbnf-2016-2 Long Link to survey: http://www.shorehambeachforum.com/community-facilities-workshop-feb-2016 #BeachGreen #design #survey #heritage #planning

  • Management Committee minutes - Sept 2016

    Wednesday 7th September The Harbour Club 1. Apologies – Maria Sanchez, Ben Stride 2. Minutes & Actions from Committee Meeting 27th July 2016 – Unanimously approved a) Update: Workings of website/gmail account and communications - Viki circulated ‘Idiots guide’ to google account (Appendix 1) b) Contact/communication with stakeholders/local organisations Dawn has drafted a letter to send to stakeholders in advance of the upcoming SBNF Stakeholders meeting. ACTION: Dawn to send letter to Mike Gibson for comments, once agreed letter to be circulated to stakeholders. c) Upcoming: Working Group meetings (& with MG) – See report under item 4c. All working groups are currently active other than Community Facilities which is in contact with Lydia from WSCC regarding attendance. ACTION: Dawn/Maurice to set date for Community Facilities working group once Lydia’s availability has been established. 3. Beach Green Development a) Update: Dawn, David, Mike Whelan and Mike Gibson met with James Appleton (& Moira Hayes) from ADC LPA on 18th August which was positive and productive. James Appleton confirmed he would update the committee regarding the #BeachGreen Café development but this has not been received as yet. Dawn, David, Mike Whelan and Mike Gibson have been in email communication with Corin Morton, the architect for the development. Both James Appleton & Corin Morton have been invited to update at the Have your say day. b) Update: SBNF contact with SBRA re. #cycling path (DC) David updated that the council accept there is a cycle path but the potential development affected what the future upgrade plans might be. Therefore the council will be waiting for the outcome of the development process before making a decision on upgrading / repairing the cycle path. 4. Working Groups Update & next steps in preparation of NDP policies a) Updated list of new SBNF Management Committee Members on website (MW) ACTION: All SBNF members to send a photo to Mike Whelan for the website. ACTION: All working group leaders to email SBNF working groups with update/link to website asking if people want to be active members. (Instructions as to how to email all working group members are in the Appendix 1). b) Working Group Leaders meeting 10th August - Agenda & notes attached (Appendix 2). Dawn reported it was a positive meeting and the working groups were moving forward. c) Matrix Version 2 (September 2016) – progress of Working Groups. Mike Gibson reported that the matrix has been used by working groups to organize themselves and feed into their work. David stated that the WG leaders have a clear vision as to what needs to be done between now and the Have your say day. Regeneration Working Group The regeneration working group will be emailed an agenda and then work will be reviewed by Mike Gibson so groups can push forward and are compliant. Mike Gibson confirmed that he will edit the draft Regeneration policies by the end of the week. He stated that working groups should feedback to Mike who will update draft policies and circulate new drafts. Mike Gibson raised a concern about the lack of input from businesses. It was noted that there was previously a Business & Jobs working group which was rolled into the Regeneration working group. The #HarbourWay industrial site has been considered, #FerryRd should be brought back into discussion. There are many people who work from home on the Beach and broadband speed has previously been raised as an issue – this needs to be considered. ACTION: Regeneration Working group to discuss Ferry Road/mobile/broadband speeds. Gwenn asked about the links with stakeholders. ACTION: Gwenn & Dawn to go through stakeholders list and send out letter. ACTION: Mike G to circulate some of the work done by the Business/Jobs Working Group’s Gwenn asked about what is happening with the Shell Garage at #TheSaltings roundabout. John reported that it is being redeveloped but will be petrol station again likely with a small supermarket. It was confirmed as being within the boundary of the neighbourhood plan. Community Facilities - a meeting to be set up with Lydia Shilibach (Communities WSCC) ACTION: Dawn to arrange before next Committee Meeting. Transport and Movement Mike Whelan has taken comments and suggestions and has built a 3D animation to show prototypes and existing policies. This was played to the committee. It will be labelled / narrated to make clear what is actually happening and what are suggestions. This will then be posted to Facebook; YouTube and website for people who can’t make HYSD. It will also be played on a loop at the Have Your Say day. At the Have your say day each working group to have visual panels but with wording as well. The committee congratulated Mike Whelan on the 3D work. ACTION: Mike G and Mike W to work on script version of 3D model and feed into document. Regeneration Report of meetings 18.08, 09.09 and Working Group full meeting 05.09 David reported there had been an initial meeting, with a follow up meeting early next week at which they will discuss all items on agenda. There are varying vision statements/aspects to be tabulated for Have your say day. ACTION: David to go through the local plan and pull out all the relevant regeneration items. #AECOM – a document containing AECOM’s work so far was circulated. It presented an illustration of sites and brief visual and description of where they are. The committee now need to see what development potential of each site is (as requested). To structure debate residents’ views must also be taken into account. The forum should set out what we’d like from AECOM and see what they can do. ACTION: Write letter to request what we want – next stage mid/late Sept and present at next Have your say day – Dawn. There was some discussion over Beach Primary School. WSCC are the LEA but ADC have control over building policy. ACTION: Email James Appleton and copy in Graham Olway from WSCC & CC Martin Randall requesting feedback on the school situation. Maurice asked where the information on pupil numbers and projected pupil numbers was. It was confirmed that the numbers available were capacity only not based on need. ACTION: WSCC pupil numbers to be sent to Maurice – Mike Gibson. ACTION: Community Facilities working group to identify the need and Regeneration working group to look at sites. Sustainable Green Neighbourhood Gwenn is recruiting people to this working group. Gwenn to take over as Chair, Howard to join. Gwenn has map to add notes about green issues. Mike Whelan noted that this map is on the google drive in each working group folder. Gwenn reported a lot of work to be done but it is in hand. Gwenn to talk to Maurice about solar at school. Mike Whelan stated there is a sense that people have interest in green spaces and landscaping but difficult to get traction with renewable energy. John Haffenden suggested Gwenn discusses this with Peter Davis, Port Development Director who is pushing for renewable energy at the port. It was confirmed he will be contacted to come to stakeholders meeting. Buildings – existing / new; domestic / non-domestic – what are the standards? Take forward from that. Howard asked if a policy on Green Energy could be part of NP? Mike Gibson stated the committee would need to know what’s in local plan and whether we can put in higher standards in the neighbourhood plan. ACTION: Dawn has received info from Campaign for Sustainable Energy which she will forward to Howard. Gwenn asked if the committee have a contact at the council for what’s allowed? Howard responded that he is aware of permitted developments. Dawn stated that Claire Hills in the Estates team is the correct contact for this. 5. Have Your Say Day – consultation on draft policies a) October 7/8th - Venue (to be confirmed) at Beach School – It could be at Harbour Club if school can’t do it. b) WSCC volunteer scheme – Dawn has emailed various people regarding getting help but has had no response yet (a sign has gone up on a noticeboard with the Forum’s contact details). c) Contents of HYSD - ‘creative’ children’s competition (writing/art-based/other) to be 10.09.16. Gwenn suggested a smaller version of this could happen, it is a work in progress. Still to send communication to relevant members/children d) Other sources for possible funding/routes of support ACTION: Dawn to approach Mick Clark/WSCC for financial help for the hiring of venues/for meetings/HYSD/other. ACTION: Dawn to contact Janet Mockridge Chairman of Community Local Council & #WSCC councillor regarding funding. e ) Update on Ferry Road Scheme – There will be an update at HYSD event. The work started Monday f) Tidal Wall Scheme – Environment Agency have been invited to be part of HYSD event. Dawn has received no response as to who the Community engagement person is despite leaving various phone messages and sending emails. g) AECOM - technical support – presentation of their work – covered under Item 4. HYSD Preparation – Mike Whelan, Gwenn and Dawn to design posters. ACTION: Community Engagement WG to meet and discuss the Have your say day Each working group will have 2 panels/posters to say their piece which will be a combination of illustrations and words. ACTION: Mike G to work this out with each working group ACTION: Deadline for info from working groups is 26th September as it will all go to print on Monday 3rd October. Dawn to liaise with working group leaders regarding this. Date of next meetings proposed as: Weds 5th October (or 12th October?) Weds 9th November Weds 7th December #minutes #funding #WSCC #ADC

  • Can you help? We are looking for a new Treasurer

    * UPDATE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES - WE HAVE NOW APPOINTED A NEW TREASURER * We are looking for a new Treasurer for our Neighbourhood Forum. This is a voluntary position for anyone interested in shaping the future of your community. The role requires just a small amount of time each month. It's a great way of getting to know your neighbours whilst gaining great experience for your CV and LinkedIn profile. It may be possible for two candidates to share the role. Typical activities include: maintaining the accounts attending a 90 minute management committee meeting monthly providing brief reports at this meeting providing a report for the Annual General Meeting (Spring 2017) simple fundraising paying out for promotional material/printing costs/room hire/consultancy fees via our online internet banking account when due Time commitments: Less than 10 hrs per month. Management meetings take place on a Wednesday evening once a month (usually at the Harbour Club, Shoreham Beach) and the next major public event is expected to take place in early 2017. Preferable skills: Knowledge of spreadsheets Experience with BACS Experience with Paypal for business You will receive a full induction More information: Please visit our website: www.shorehambeachforum.com to see how we are bringing the community together - to have a say in helping shape the future of our neighbourhood. If you would like to apply or have any further questions, simply send us an email via our contact us page. #management #funding

  • Management Committee minutes - March 2017

    Wednesday 22nd March Community Centre, Pond Street Shoreham Main topics: Click to view full minutes > #minutes #parking #SBRA #video #design #ADC

  • Flood defence scheme planned for Shoreham

    This amazing video was produced by the Environment Agency. It is an example of a scheme that has the potential to transform our area. The Environment Agency is working with Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), Adur District Council and West Sussex County Council to reduce the risk of flooding to Shoreham-by-Sea and Lancing. Construction of the extensive improvements to the flood defences will begin in spring 2016. These works are subject to approval of both funding and planning permission. More info at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/shoreham-adur-tidal-walls-scheme/shoreham-adur-tidal-walls-scheme #river

  • Final Report on concepts for school expansion and Beach Green development by independent planning sp

    Final report: http://bit.ly/sbnf-aecom-report-L Background Many ideas, suggestions and options about development opportunities have emerged from our community engagement work over the past two years. Inevitably there are competing views – what to some residents is an opportunity to improve the Beach may be seen as a threat by others. Moreover, some developments could be implemented in the first five years of the plan period, whereas others will not be feasible until later and may eventually prove to be non-deliverable within the 15 year life-time of the Neighbourhood Plan. The Shoreham Beach Neighbourhood Forum made a successful bid for an Urban Design Consultancy Package from the Government programme for supporting communities preparing Neighbourhood Plans. Thus independent planning and urban design consultants AECOM have prepared sketch schemes to help Beach residents to more fully understand the potential development opportunities which have been identified by residents. Objective Ideas for potential development up to 2031 These schemes are not firm proposals but they are technically feasible. They were presented to enable residents to discuss them with independent external professionals and express their opinions (or offer alternatives). Feedback from residents was reviewed by AECOM and SBNF as an evidence base for site specific interventions across the Neighbourhood Plan area. Following on from the consultation exercise, it was agreed that there was sufficient interest in delivering an improved school facility to warrant the preparation of two additional spatial options. Consequently, AECOM prepared the following options: Beach Green Option 3 This option is based on Beach Green Option 2, but with a primary school instead of residential development on the car park. As with Beach Green Option 2, the car park moves towards the middle of the open space. Split School Site Several consultees suggested retaining the school site in some form of community use. Following on from these suggestions, it was agreed that there might be merit in looking at a school option which provided for nursery and Key Stage 1 (up to 7 years) in a new facility on the existing site and Key Stage 2 (7-11) in a new facility on the Harbour Way Industrial site. Both of these new facilities would provide additional community provision for the wider community, which would be available outside school hours. This short report comprises the following: • Section 2 of the document sets out the rationale for choosing the sites which formed the basis of the options exercise; • Section 3 provides detail as to the options; • Section 4 records the responses from the public events held in October 2016; • Section 5 offers additional spatial options arising from that consultation exercise, and • Section 6 provides a summary of the outputs. Final report: http://bit.ly/sbnf-aecom-report-L All feedback from October 2016 Have Your Say Days: http://bit.ly/hysd16-feedback-aecom #BeachGreen #school #design #AECOM #planning #housing

Information and resources to develop a Neighbourhood Plan for Shoreham Beach.

Shoreham Beach Neighbourhood Forum (SBNF) is a community-led group of residents, business, community groups and stakeholders.