SBNF Officers Meeting Minutes - November 2020

Updated: Jun 28, 2021


25 November 2020, 7pm

Online video conference

Agenda

1. Letter of thanks to Tony Wallington

2. Forthcoming meeting with Adur & Worthing JSC

3. Any other business



1. Letter of thanks to Tony Wallington

Tony Wallington has resigned from his position on the committee for health reasons. DC proposed that the Committee Secretary write a letter of thanks to Tony in recognition of his very valuable services to the Forum Committee as Vice Chair and later Community Engagement. The meeting approved this unanimously.


Action: MW to draft the letter of thanks.


2. Preparation for forthcoming meeting with Adur-Worthing Joint Strategy Committee

The Committee formally approved a document which had been prepared following a discussion with ADC planning officers on 10 November, which describes the actions taken by the Committee to address all the objections to redesignation and provides a timetable defining the remaining stages towards completion and approval of the Neighbourhood Plan. This document was approved by committee members via email earlier this week for submission to Martin Randall for distribution to members of the Adur-Worthing JSC. As agreed at the meeting with ADC officers, representatives of the Forum committee have been invited to attend the JSC meeting to put the case for redesignation. The Committee decided that the Chairman will attend this meeting and speak on behalf of the Forum.


The Committee was very disappointed to note that this matter had still not been added to the agenda of the next Adur-Worthing JSC meeting on 1 December, having been ready to present its case at the November JSC meeting. It seems unlikely it can be added at this late stage and so it may be deferred yet again until January.


Action: DC to urgently contact Martin Randall to clarify the situation


3. Any Other Business

MW pointed out that the next joint meeting between committee members of the Forum and SBRA had been planned to take place in early December, after the JSC had discussed Forum redesignation. Should the JSC meeting to decide Forum redesignation be further delayed it was agreed that the planned meeting with SBRA should be postponed accordingly.


 

Meeting closed at 1945. The next Management Committee meeting is due to be held in December, date to be determined.

See events calendar

 

Attendees:

Dave Collins (DC) Chairman

Kevin Hall (KH) Vice Chairman

Mike Whelan (MW) Secretary

Mike Gibson (MG) Planning Consultant


Apologies for Absence:

Jonathan Marshall (JM) Treasurer



#minutes #management #ADC

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All