* UPDATE * Thank you for your responses, the position has now been filled *****
We are looking for a new Secretary for our Neighbourhood Forum.
This is a voluntary position for anyone interested in shaping the future of your community. The role would require devoting a small amount of time each month whilst gaining great experience for your CV and LinkedIn profile. It may be possible for two candidates to share the role.
Typical activities include:
• Organising and preparing agendas and papers for monthly management meetings and annual general meetings (1 hour per month).
• Taking minutes, recording decisions and following up on actions from these meeting (2 hours per month).
• Publishing minutes on our website (30 mins per month).
• Adding important events to the shared calendar (20 mins per month).
• Managing membership at important public events (+/-5 events per year).
Less than 10 hrs per month.
Management meetings take place on a Wednesday evening once a month (usually at the Harbour Club, Shoreham Beach) and the next major public event is expected to take place in early 2017.
Good typing and proofreading
An understanding of cloud-based file storage such as Google Drive.
Familiarity with Google Mail, Calendar and Contacts.
Experience with or ability to learn basic web publishing.
You will receive a full induction. Ideally you should have your own laptop and a reliable internet connection.
Please visit our website: www.shorehambeachforum.com to see how we are bringing the community together - to have a say in helping shape the future of our neighbourhood.
If you would like to apply or have any further questions, simply send us an email via our contact us page.